So I said we would reconvene in a week or so and it has been a couple of months! Oops. However, today is World Voice Day so what better day to get back into it.
If you missed Part 1 follow this link here and have a read before you read this one.
Have you been journaling? How is it going if you've been doing it? I realise it might have been useful for me to give you a few pointers for effective journaling but I didn't so let's have a think about subjects we could journal about for the next two weeks. Of course you could just write a stream of consciousness for 5 or 10 minutes every day and just do a mind dump to get rid of all the "noise" in our brains that gets in the way of our progress but, does this actually help us sort our lives out? Maybe a little but I find it more useful to ask some questions and journal around them in order to find the answers. So here are a few ideas for you to think and journal about:
1) What are you afraid of? What is holding you back? This is a biggie to start with I know but some people just want to get on with it. This might be too big a question to ask right off the bat so let's think of some easier places to start when thinking about fear of failure/success.
2) What does success look like to you?
3) What are your life ambitions? Think about what you would like to have achieved when you look back on your life. Weirdly, as I wrote that last line, the song My Way just came on the radio. Looking way ahead what would you have done that meant you could look back and say you did things "My Way"?
4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? You could simplify this to 6 months/1 year if you don't feel ready to look too far into the future.
5) What could your life look like, best case scenario, if you just went for it?
These questions are just a place to start. They might give an ah-ha moment or no answers whatsoever but I find that if I just write down whatever is going around my head I do feel better and that some semblance of order starts to appear within my thoughts.
Give it a go and look out for part 3 in the next couple of weeks. I will try to remember not to neglect you again!